Jan 25, 2012

Day 4

Sunday January 22, 2012
Today I had my first day of real classes.  I really enjoyed them actually and think that my teachers are going to be pretty amazing as well.  Last night we had our first of many time changes.  From here on out they said we will start losing sleep almost every night, but I doubt we will really be sleeping that much anyways so I’m guessing we will be so tired already we wont even notice the change.  Even though we’ve been on the boat for 4 days it just hit me that this is actually what I am going to be doing for an entire semester.  As I was sitting in class staring out the window at the ocean (no surprise there) and noticed huge mountains in the distance.  My teacher interrupted class to announce that we are now passing Puerto Rico and then casually got back to her lecture.  That’s when I realized I’m actually going to be sailing all the way around the world.  I mean who gets to do that?  And on top of that, tomorrow I will be tubing down the river through the rainforest in Dominica… unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment